Monday, October 3, 2011

I need to catch up!

I need to blog about my last 2 runs (Week 5 Day 3 and Week 6 Day 1). They may appear to be out of order, but I assure you, they are not!

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 20 minutes with no walking

This was a chilly and damp run. I made Pastor go with me for some moral support (thanks again!) because the last time I ran that kind of distance, only 10 days into my minimalist shoes, I ended up with some serious ToFP and had to take 2 weeks off. I realize I have built up to this now and am stronger. But it was always nice just to have someone to run with. It was surprisingly good, despite the sprinkly weather. I got to try out my new jacket, which I think I will hold off for colder weather, I was roasting in it. I felt good finishing Week 5!

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, jog 5 minutes, walk 3 minutes, jog 8 minutes, walk 3 minutes, jog 5 minutes


This was a piece of cake after Friday's run. I ended up on the treadmill because it was about 44 degrees and raining. I just don't have the gear for that. Yet. I feel awkward on the treadmill with this running style. But I found a pace that worked and went with it. By the end of this week, these broken up, short runs will be over. I feel like this will be a milestone for me. And I can honestly say I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment