Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tomorrow is Race Day

I am pumped! Tomorrow is the Trek or Treat 5k. I am going to run the whole thing. Pastor has helped break down that wall that makes me want to walk. Between watching the Chicago Marathon and the interval training last Monday, I have confidence. Witnessing the marathon itself and how Pastor struggled with his training over the summer, made me realize how wimpy my 3.1 mile struggle is. A 5k is nothing. As for the intervals, Pastor definitely pushed me far beyond the point where my brain is telling my body to flip to the "Off" switch.

I can do this. I am ready.

Caitlin will be running in this race as well. I talked Shaun into running with her so I don't have to worry about her wimping out on me. I know she will struggle. Tomorrow will complete Week 6 for her (25 minute run). And the way she complains and cries about every ache and pain during her training, she will end up walking part of it.

Don't get me wrong, I am proud of her, she is doing great! But she needs to toughen up a bit. I told her the other day that running is hard, there will be pain, that she needs to get past that in order to enjoy it. I think this race will be pivotal for her, she will either decide to continue running and yearn for more, or she will decide she is done and it's too hard. Either way, I am still proud of her. She had a goal, she worked hard for it, and she will meet it.

No comments:

Post a Comment