Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Good and the Very Bad

Two days post-race, I decided to go for a 3 mile run. The 3 miles did NOT happen. My legs cramped up something fierce and no matter how I stretched or tried to walk it out, there was no relief. And the wind. It was extremely windy, and I was heading into it probably 80% of my run. I couldn't get away from it. It was like trying to run straight into concrete. I made it 2.1 miles and was done. Finished. Worst run ever.

I got over it pretty fast though.

Today, 2 days after crappy run, it was a little windy and rainy and chilly. But I bundled up and headed out anyway. I didn't set a distance, just figured I would go with the flow. My calves cramped up somewhat and stretching helped. I stayed warm and dry in my clothes and managed 2.55 miles. I was happy with it.

I set a time frame for myself of a max of 2 weeks to get comfortable with a 2.5 mile distance. Then I will add a half mile for another 2 weeks and go from there. I hope to be doing 4 to 5 mile runs soon. And I still need to work on my confidence. But I am getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment