Monday, October 10, 2011

Chicago Marathon

It was awesome! Pastor finished at about 5 hours which I think is phenomenal considering a month ago he didn't think he would make it at all due to injuries. Great job Pastor!

It was awe-inspiring. We were waited for Pastor at just before the 26 mile marker to cheer him on. It was crazy watching the steady stream of runners, hundreds of people passing by every minute. It would not surprise me in the least if someone told me I watching 10,000 runners go by in that hour. We cheered them on, we gave high fives. We saw Spiderman and Buzz Lightyear running, as well as 2 cavemen. It was really cool!

Was I personally inspired? Yes, I couldn't wait until my next run. And after watching those guys run 26.2 miles, my measly 25 minute run didn't seem so hard anymore. And....I am tentatively considering a half marathon in Columbus next fall. If I can talk myself into it.

On a side note, my heart goes out to the family and friends of the runner who collapsed and later died at the Chicago Marathon. Say an extra prayer for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment