Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Weight

You would think that after nearly 2 years of running, I would have lost at least some weight. But no. I have managed to lose the extra I have gained, from a 2 week vacation at the beach and 2 weeks off from running due to injury. But my body seems to want to stay exactly at my current weight.

I would like to lose 30 pounds. That would put me within (the upper) range of weight for my height. I don't diet well, I admit. But I do try to watch what I eat. It's unfortunate that I like to cook, especially bake. However, I give a lot of that away.

I currently run between 6 and 10 miles a week. I hope to increase that in the near future. People tell me I am building muscle and that's why I'm not losing. I might have believed that the first 6 months, but not at this point. I realize I am doing other positive things for my body, like building up my cardiovascular systems. But I admit, this is kind of bumming me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment