Friday, October 14, 2011

Screw it

That's what I said yesterday morning. Screw it, I am going for a run. I still had a slightly sore shin and my foot felt a little tight, but I went out anyway and pushed myself. I ran 2.75 miles in 35 minutes and 49 seconds. Basically, I went around the block twice. I had to stop for a bathroom break after my first time around and I stopped to stretch once. I feel good about my run. Of course my shins are sore again today, but they aren't much worse. So I guess that is good.

I was telling Pastor yesterday, I want to get to the point where I am running 3, 4, and 5 miles at a time on a regular basis. I want 10-15 mile weeks. Right now, I am at 6-10 mile weeks. If I can get to that point, I would be comfortable starting training for a half-marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment