Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Perfect time of year

Fall is the perfect time of year to run. Perfect temperatures, smelling the leaves, all that good stuff.

I haven't ran since Saturday (I did 2.8 miles that day). Sick child and only about 6 hours of sleep in 3 days, I just wasn't feeling up to anything strenuous. So this morning I texted Pastor (of course) to see if he was feeling up to a run. Of course he was!

I should know by now, that every time we run together, he pushes me. Usually far beyond I think I can go. But for some reason, I enjoy running with him and maybe I am a glutton for punishment. Or perhaps, unconsciously, I want to be pushed. Either way, I know what I'm in for when I ask him to run.

So we meet up and venture off on a slightly different route than usual, but will still take us to our normal turnaround spot. We get close and he suggest continuing on down the road and down this ginormous hill. I concede. Running down the hill was so much fun! As long as I didn't look behind me anyway.....

We get to the bottom and stretch a bit. After a few minutes, I said "let's go, I won't be any more ready to do this than I am now." So we went back up the hill.

It's a pretty big hill. We live at one of the highest points in the county. It goes up a bit, levels off, goes up a bit, levels off, repeat......you get the point. At one point, we had to stop due to a tractor and traffic (didn't want to get run over) and we walked one of the level parts. In all honesty, the hill wasn't as bad as I had always thought it would be.

The rest of the run was good. We did walk a few times. But physically I felt great! We got to the end of my street where I decided I would be done and walk home. He didn't agree and suggested we run back down to the other end of my street. I agree on the condition that I walk home from the other end as I had enough of hills for the morning. So we did. Back at my driveway, my distance was 3.88 miles. He told me to finish up to 4 and I did.

Pastor definitely pushed me today. I conquered 4 mills and the ginormous hill. I'm not sore anywhere yet as of 2 hours post run. Lots of water today. Maybe I can get Caitlin out to run today, she hasn't ran since the 5k. If I feel up to it, maybe we will both go out together. Or maybe she will get on the treadmill. We will see.

But I feel good. Really good.

1 comment:

  1. There's a fine line between nudging a fellow runner to do what they don't believe can be done AND getting smacked! LOL Hill work for that Ashland 5k :)

    ReplyDelete