Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Busy as a Bee!

After last week's "issues", we did in fact make it through the weekend unscathed. However on Monday, a whole new round of medical drama ensued and has kept all of us pretty stressed and bury. Fortunately, it's no one in our household, but it's still a close family member. Lots of traveling going on and probably some long term changes, for the patient and for us as well.

Despite everything going on, I still managed to get to class on Monday and today. My shoulders were a little sore after Monday, but I did push myself pretty hard. I guess I will see if I am sore tomorrow too. Two and a half weeks to go until Rest/PR week! I am excited to see how I have progressed since last time!

Monday's Workout

140 snatches - 12kg bell (this is where I pushed myself, did only 100 last week)
15 presses - two 10kg bells
15 squats - two 10kg bells
25 swings - two 10kg bells
10 push presses - two 12kg bells
10 double jerks - two 12kg bells
30 pullovers - 18lb bell

Wednesday's Workout

55 squats - 24kg bell (equivalent to 53lbs)
9 cleans - two 10kg bells
9 presses - two 10kg bells
9 squats - two 10kg bells
9 swings - two 10kg bells
9 (snatch + overhead squat) - two 10kg bells
3 TGUs, 6 snatches, 6 windmills - 12kg bell


Funny story about the overhead squats today. It's a double snatch, squat, rack the bells, and repeat. One my second set of three, when I stood up out of the squat, my sweaty feet started to slide out from under me! Luckily, I was able to catch myself. I don't think doing an accidental split with a total of 44lbs over my head would be very fun! So for future reference, do the overhead squats on a yoga mat or wear my minimalist shoes!

Keep in mind that I do an hour of karate immediately following kettlebell class and another hour of karate in the evenings helping in the kids class. I refer to Mondays and Wednesdays as my sleepy days because it takes a lot out of me. I do love it though! And watch the Mansfield News Journal over the next few days, they are doing a story on the karate and ketllebell classes! I will post a link to the actual story once it's published.
 
Also, I went to the Y early today, fully intending to run before class. It's didn't happen. Iended helping another classmate who also arrived early with a few things and then ran into an old friend I haven't seen in months, so we chatted for a bit. I will get back to it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment