Saturday, September 24, 2011

You don't scare me anymore!

Dear Week 4 of the Couch to 5k program,

The first time I encountered you, you nearly killed me. When I finished on my treadmill that day, I literally collapsed on the floor and couldn't move for the next 20 minutes. I struggled each time I ran. I even repeated that week, not to further torture myself, but because I wanted to beat you. Sadly, I couldn't. When I finally moved on to Week 5, it was so much easier than you were. Even after I completed the Couch to 5k, if I ever slacked off on my running, I would force myself to go back to you to get back into my game. I hate you Week 4.

But I am no longer afraid of you. See, I got these awesome new shoes that have done wonders for my running. And guess what? I not only beat you this time around, but I picked you up, threw you on the ground, and ran this whole week right on top of you. I trampled you so far into the ground, you will never show your ugly face to me again.

Sincerely,
Barefoot Runner Girl

P.S. I feel better now!

No comments:

Post a Comment