Saturday, September 17, 2011

Well, it's Saturday...

And both of my feet are feeling great! I wouldn't say they are 100%, maybe about 90% to 95%.

Thursday, I wasn't so sure I would be healed by today. I was still in quite a bit of pain and limping. Still praying for healing, I had happened to come across some ballet stretches for feet. I tried a couple out on and off throughout the day. It hurt so bad, my right foot was so tight, I could barely get on my tippy toes. After a few reps, I felt my foot release and there was less pain. I woke up Friday feeling shockingly good, continued stretching whenever I had a few moments (busy day) and it no longer hurt to stretch. I woke up today feeling even better. Right now, there is still a little stiffness in my right ankle and I am still walking kinda funny. But there is almost ZERO pain. And that's the most important part.

Prayer works!

I haven't gone for my run yet today, I am hoping to meet up with Pastor at the track later. He is feeling better after some injuries as well and I figured we could lend some support to each other during an easy run. I will update post-run!

UPDATE:
I did Week 3 of Couch to 5k, I figured I would repeat a couple runs of that since I lost so much time from healing. I admit, my feet did hurt. But it was tolerable and it didn't get worse. I figure one one Week 3 run and I will move on to Week 4. As long as my feet cooperate. So here is to continued healing!

No comments:

Post a Comment