Monday, September 26, 2011

To run or not to run?

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 5 minutes, walk 3 minutes, jog 5 minutes, walk 3 minutes, jog 5 minutes

That was the question for today.

My calves were still sore today from Saturday's run (where I went further than I meant to, both accidentally and intentionally) and I was worried that it would turn into top of foot pain like last time. So that and the fact that it was pouring almost all day, I had my excuse not to run. And I really wasn't feeling to treadmill, this new running style feels awkward on there.

But this evening, the weather cleared up and I was feeling pretty decent. So after watching Caitlin do Week 4 Day 2 on the treadmill, I decided to go out before it got dark.

I did my warm-up and stopped to stretch really good (feet and calves) before I started running. My last few runs, I have been getting a cramp behind my left knee almost immediately, but it always goes away after a few minutes. Annoying. Once that felt better, my run today was great! The air was dry and cool, perfect for a run. I saw a rainbow and a beautiful sunset. How cool is that?

Finished at 2 miles and stretched and drank some hazelnut coffee.

This week and next is really going to ramp things up. I am eagerly anticipating it and I am slightly worried. If my calves are already sore, what is going to happen now??? I plan on taking it one day, one run at a time. I will listen to my body and drink lots of water. And make sure I am always close to a toilet!

No comments:

Post a Comment