Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Week 2 (week of Aug. 28)

Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

I LOVE these shoes! I love how light I feel. My feet are 100% comfortable. They don't seem to swell as much or seem as confined. I can wiggle my toes while running! My form is a lot better and my speed is definitely increasing from my improved form.

This week, I was feeling it in my calves. Feel the burn, as they say. My second run of this week, I decided to push it. I texted my pastor (also a runner) to find out if he was going out that day. He was. So I invited myself to tag along on his run and went 2 miles. I did stop to stretch a few times (my calves were screaming for mercy) but I made it the whole 2 miles! I was sore after that though. I finished out Week 2 of the program with some sore, tight calves.

I also want to add that my confidence in my running is at an all-time high. I actually feel good about it. I can see myself setting some high goals once I am fully transitioned. I look forward to running now and enjoy it completely.

I truly feel like a real runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment