Monday, December 31, 2012

Rest week, then rest week

Rest Week #1 was about reaching personal records. And I am happy with what I was able to accomplish.

Rest Week #2 was actual resting. I was supposed to start my new workout, but between family obligations, holidays, and bad weather it just didn't happen. I did get my new 100lb heavy bag though and went a round or two on that. It was fun!

Yesterday was back to the grind. Pressing the 10kg bell wasn't as hard as I thought it would be (see? I am stronger!). I figured it would irritate my bad shoulder, but it didn't. Though today my hamstrings are a little sore from squatting. I didn't expect that!

Today was snatching, push pressing and double jerks. I picked up exactly where I left off with snatches. I jumped up to the 14kg for the push presses and double jerks since I was able to do a 16kg PR. I did 3 sets of 5 for each and while it was challenging, I could do it.

Back to karate today also. I got new sparring gear (thank you again and again!) and sparred my teacher for the first time. I had a blast!!! I know she went easy on me, but I don't think I did too badly. I can't wait for that to become a more regular thing!

My new running partner is on the out. She injured her ankle (not running) and is off for a bit. That's ok, I don't mind waiting for her. Besides, running is so much easier with someone than by yourself.

2013 better watch out! I am excited to see what this year will bring me!

No comments:

Post a Comment