Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Rest Week

After working hard in Kettlebell class the last 9 weeks, this week is rest week. But I don't really get to rest. Instead, I use this time to set some personal records and figure out some maximums. I have never done this before and it was pretty fun!

*10 Double Cleans with 14kg in each hand (14kg is about 31 lbs), the 16kg feels a little awkward yet so I didn't want to try that yet.

*5 Swings with 28kg (28kg is about 62 lbs), this was easy so I went heavier....

*30 Swings with 32kg (roughly 71 lbs). This weight surprised me the first couple swings! But once I found my balance, I was good. I could have done more sets, it was fun!

*1 Squat with 28kg. That was enough! LOL

*Single Press, each hand 14kg. Easier than I thought, even on my left side!

*Single Press, each hand 16kg (about 35 lbs). I managed on my right side just fine, my left, not so much. I was only able to get it about halfway. However, I was able to Push Press the 16kg on my left, so I'll take it!

So those were my PRs for yesterday, tomorrow I will try for some more! I also did 100 snatches in 5 minutes with the 10kg (22 lbs) but that wasn't a PR. And that felt easy after the other things I did!

Meanwhile, it was not rest week for karate. I tested and earned my orange belt! I am also learning a new kata - Heian Nidan. I already know the three basic katas, plus Naihanchi Shodan and Heian Shodan. **Google is responsible for any possible spelling errors!**

One last thing, I would like to publicly thank Kettlebells. Ever since I had my first child, I have had a saggy mom butt which has progressively got worse with having my other two kids. All of you other moms know EXACTLY what I am talking about here! Over the last nine weeks, my butt is noticeably perkier! And I am not ashamed to admit that every time I get dressed, I spend a few minutes admiring the return of my old butt! So thank you Kettlebells, and with just that one significant improvement in 9 weeks, I can't wait to see what will happen in 2013!



No comments:

Post a Comment