Thursday, March 7, 2013

Rest/PR Week

I missed out on Monday's class because I had to go to the doctor. The plague was not avoided. But I made it to the kids karate class early and was able to do a few minutes of kettlebells. And of course Wednesday class. I didn't try to PR on as much as I did last time, but I am proud of what I did accomplish!

*I can do a solid press with 16kg with both arms. Last time, I had to push press on the left to get it up there.

*I pressed 18kg with my right arm, push pressed it with my left. Definite increase in strength!!!

*I did 100 snatches in 5 minutes with 12kg. Not really a PR, but I still did it!

*I dead lifted The Beast! It's 48kg, about 106lbs. I had never dead lifted before and it was pretty easy. Next time, I will dead lift two 28kg bells, around 120lbs.

*I did 5 swings with The Beast! My first try wasn't good, but the second time, I knew what to expect and got in 5!

That's all I did this week (other than karate). It doesn't look like a lot, but for me, it was a big accomplishment. It's cool to actually see the increase in strength like this, to be able to compare it every nine weeks!

On Monday, I finally start pressing two 12kg bells. Even though I was sick of the 10s, I see now how much they did for me. Next PR Week in approximately two and a half months!


No comments:

Post a Comment